Zeeland Youth Dance Company (ZYDC)
what is zydc?
The Zeeland Youth Dance Company is an auditioned ensemble that provides opportunities for experienced dancers in 5th-12th grades to learn and perform choreography throughout the community. ZYDC members show a strong love of dance, and a passion for sharing dance with others.
2020-21 company packet
weekly rehearsal times
- 4:30-5:30pm: Jr Company | Performing Arts Studio
- 5:30-7pm: ZYDC | Shoreline Studio
- 7-9pm: ZDC | Shoreline Studio
- JR Company: 10-11am | West Studio
- ZYDC Teal & Silver: 11-12:30pm | West Studio
- ZDC: 12:30-2pm | West Studio
- Full Company: 12:30-2:30pm | West Studio
- We will be altering the time of Monday night rehearsal on Mon, Mar 29 so that we can do a full run through of the show. All groups will meet from 5-8pm on this night | Shoreline Studio
Al dates are subject to change due to COVID-19
- Ballet: April 16 & 17, 2021
- GR Arts Fest: June TBD
- Recital: June 12-19
- Banquet: June 21
- Auditions: June 23
- Company Camp: Aug 2-6
- Ballet: The Nutcracker Dec 10 & 11
- Recital: Dates TBD (week following school getting out)
Meet Our company directors
Rachel earned her BA in dance performance and choreography with an emphasis in education from Hope College. While at Hope, she performed extensively, the highlight being two seasons touring with Strike Time Dance Company, an ensemble aimed at educating K-5th grade students about the art of dance. She has enjoyed expanding an offering of high quality pre-school and introductory courses into a comprehensive program that includes advanced beginning and intermediate classes. Ms. Plaggemars emphasizes on ballet training as a foundation for well-rounded dancers and has loved watching her students grow technically and artistically through the program.
Cydney graduated from Hope College with her BA in dance and religion education. While at Hope, Cydney was involved in the Sacred Dance Ministry, Sigma Omicron, and a winner of the Florence Cavanaugh award. She has choreographed for, and performed in various student dance concerts at Hope, and has also presented choreography at Hope’s Veritas Forum. Cydney is involved in the Zeeland High School Dance Program. Over the years, she has enjoyed watching her students grow in technique, stage presence, and artistry. Cydney enjoys helping students to not only learn a variety of dance genres and styles, but to also create their own works of movement art.