Youth Competitive Swimming
zags competitive swim team
6-18 Yr Olds
ZAGS is a competitive swim team designed for swimmers new to competitive swimming, as well as experienced swimmers who want to continue to improve their skills and gain additional competitive experience. Practices focus on endurance and technique in all four competitive strokes, kicks, starts and turns. The season typically runs for 8 weeks concluding with the A & B Championship meets in mid-July. Swimmers ought to swim at all meets and are required to swim the Zeeland Classic Invitational and their end of season championship meet.
- Register Here
- Head Coach: Drew Scheerhorn
- Cost: $119r/$134nr
- Practices: Start June 1 | Mon, Tue, Thur | 6-7:30pm
- Parent Meeting - Mon, May 24 (Time TBD): This meeting is for both new and returning parents. We will review the season packet, practice/meet schedules + more
- Rookie Night - Tue, May 25 (Time TBD): For participants joining ZAGS for the first time. This night is an opportunity for coaches to see your swimmer’s comfort in the water and determine their correct practice group.
- 8 years Olds & Younger: Should be able to swim one length of the pool freestyle and one length backstroke
- 9 Year Olds+: Should be able to swim two lengths of the pool freestyle and at least one length of the pool of backstroke or breaststroke
- Equipment: A competitive swimsuit, ZAGS swim cap and goggles are necessary. Each swimmer will receive one latex swim cap. Extra swim caps, including silicone, are available for purchase. Team suits are also available to purchase online from the Varsity Shop. Suit fitting is on May 25 during Rookie Night (details above)
- Location: Zeeland West HS Natatorium
CO-ED SPLASHBALL WATER POLO CAMP
This co-ed camp is designed to introduce the sport of water polo and provide basic skills and understanding of the sport. Splashball harnesses all the fun, dynamic aspects of the game in a safe, easy-to-learn aquatic experience that will motivate kids to swim and stay fit! Enroll based on 2021-22 grade level.
- Register Here
- Coaches: Zac Geschwendt & David Vruggink (ZPS Varsity Polo Coaches)
- Cost: $33r/$48nr
- Session 2: June 7-10 | 1st-3rd Gr: 4:30-5:15pm | 4th-6th: 5:30-6:30pm
- Session 3: July 26-29 | 1st-3rd Gr: 4:30-5:15pm | 4th-6th: 5:30-6:30pm
- Location: Zeeland Recreation Pools