Zeeland Rec Dance
Classes Offered: Tap, Ballet, Jazz, Pointe, Hip Hop + more
For 3-18 Year Olds: Our goal is to serve 3-18 year old’ of all skill levels
All-Inclusive: Our goal is to provide an inclusive environment to develop physically, mentally, and emotionally, while also fostering a life-long appreciation of the arts
Well-Rounded Dancers: Through creative and technical instruction, our dance program aims to educate the well-rounded dancer, while recognizing that ballet is the foundation for overall dance technique
Winter Dance Classes
Winter Registration Deadline was Sat, Jan 4
Dance Classes: Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap + More
Winter Semester: Feb 3 – June 5
INTRODUCTORY DANCE CLASS SCHEDULE
- Introductory Dance Class Schedule
- Register for Winter Classes Here
- Dance Fundaments (3-5 yr olds): Mon, Tue, Wed, or Sat (times vary)
- Hip Hop Fundaments (6th-12th grade): Mon @ 3pm
- Introduction to Jazz/Tap (6th-8th grade): Sat @ 12pm
- Tap Fundamentals (K-5th grade): Wed or Sat (times vary)
When Am I Old Enough to Start Taking….
- Dance Fundamentals (ballet focus): 3 yr olds - 5th graders
- Tap: Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Jazz/Tap Combo: Middle School +
- Hip Hop: 6th Grade +
- Leveled Dance Class: After completing one full year of "Dance Fundamentals"
- Ballet Tech: 3rd Grade + 2 years of dance experience
- ZYDC Auditioned Ensemble: 5th Grade + 2 years of dance experience
SWAN LAKE GUEST ARTIST
Only open to Primary II - VIII & Secondary I
Zeeland Youth Dance Company (ZYDC)
The Zeeland Youth Dance Company is an auditioned ensemble that provides opportunities for experienced dancers in grades 5-12 to learn and perform choreography throughout the community. ZYDC members show a strong love of dance, and a passion for sharing dance with others. Learn more here.
Rachel earned her BA in dance performance and choreography with an emphasis in education from Hope College. She is now in her 15th year of teaching at Zeeland Recreation. Ms. Plaggemars emphasizes ballet training as a foundation for well-rounded dancers and has loved watching her students grow technically and artistically through the program.
Cydney graduated from Hope College with her BA in dance and religion education. Cydney has been teaching at Zeeland Recreation for eight years, and is involved in the Zeeland High School Dance Program. Cydney enjoys helping students to not only learn a variety of dance genres and styles, but to also create their own works of movement art.
Sam graduated from Oakland University with a BFA in dance performance and education along with a Secondary Education Certification in Spanish. Sam is excited to share with students everything she has learned from her initial training in Zeeland to her experiences at Oakland and abroad.
2018-19 DANCE PHOTOS
Photo Credit: Andrew Weller