The week of May 26 - 30 and June 1 - 5, ZPS Administration will be open 9 am - 12 noon. The Admin building is located at 183 W. Roosevelt in Zeeland.
May 12 Video Message from Superintendent Cal De Kuiper
2020-2021 Enrollment Updates
- Monday, May 11 from 9:00 AM - Noon
- Wednesday, May 13 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Thursday, May 14 from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Monday, May 18 from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 20 from 9:00 AM - Noon
- Thursday, May 21 from 10:00 AM - 2:00
Early Childhood Center Preschool Enrollment
Beginning Wednesday, May 13, the ECC will be open for enrollments every Monday and Wednesday from 10-2. Please call 748-3275 with any questions. Visitors must wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
Bus Tags? Forms? No Problem!
To assist in planning for next academic year, ZPS is accepting bus tags, transportation forms, and ZPS library books at all ZPS meal service sites. Meal service sites are listed at the bottom of this email.
Bus forms can also be sent via email to email@example.com. Please note this email has been updated from a previous Z For Me. If you have already submitted your form, you are all set.
Watch a video message from Superintendent Cal De Kuiper.
Do you need help? Contact ZPS Cares
Remote Learning / Academics
Remote Learning Plans for students will be posted weekly (beginning the week of April 13) on building websites. Hard copies available upon request. Follow these links:
ZHS~ Students and families will be emailed later this week.
Optional learning opportunities for Grades Pre K- 5
Optional learning opportunities for Grades 6-12
Please note meal service is now Monday and Thursday.
ZPS will host 27 locations to provide meals to community members ages 18 and under. Routes will run every Monday and Thursday. Please note parents can pick up meals for children and children do not need to be present to receive food. Children do not need to be ZPS students to receive food. This service is open to all families in our community. If your child has a food allergy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full assistance.
With all locations, we ask that participants engage in social distancing and practice proper hygiene before and after meal service pick up.
Please look for the ZPS school bus every Monday and Thursday:
- Borculo Christian School 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Borculo Express Store 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Imperial Estates at Rhodora Drive 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- 1st Protestant Ref Church near Hunters Creek 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Early Childhood Center 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Logan Estates 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Lincoln Elementary 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Innocademy 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Wiersma / Perry Street 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Maple Valley Estates @ 88th Street Entrance 3:45 - 4:15
- Woodbridge Elementary 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Black River Apartments at Cul-de-sac 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Niekerk CRC 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Ottogan Mobile Home park @ office 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Drenthe Grove 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Vriesland Reformed Church 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Lawrence Street Park 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- SKLD at Madison Court 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Drenthe CRC 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Oakland CRC 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Ottawa Reformed Church 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- North Blendon Reformed Church 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Savannah Lakes Community Center 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Melvin / 104th 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- Beaverdam Fire Station 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Family Fare 3:45 - 4:15 pm
- The Bridge Youth Center 12:00 - 6:00 pm. This site will operate both a walk-up and drive-up service. For those who utilize the drive-up service, please use the parking lot on the east side of the building. Please remain in your car and a volunteer will assist with providing the number of meals needed. Other household supplies may also be available upon request at this location only.
Those seeking to make donations or receive distributions of food, non-perishable household items, or clothing are encouraged to utilize Harvest Stand in Zeeland. Please check with Harvest Stand for open hours.
Hand2Hand, a food program within all ZPS buildings, will be working out of City on a Hill. Food delivery through this program is available by calling 616.283.2645.
Feeding America is scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 from 6-7 pm outdoors at Roosevelt Elementary. Due to the critical importance of this event, we aim to keep this event on as scheduled unless directed otherwise.
Anyone requiring additional coordination of food and basic need resources can contact Lana Kamer at email@example.com or by calling 616.283.2645.
Mental Health Assistance
If you or someone you know needs mental health assistance during this time, resources are available. If an emergency, please call 911. Other resources include:
Crisis Text Line - Text “HOME” to 741741
Suicide Prevention Online Chat - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Call 1-800-273-8255
The Trevor Project: Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
Trevor Lifeline - Call 1-866-488-7386
Trevor Chat - Confidential online instant messaging with a Trevor counselor, available 24-7. Access through a computer, as you may have technical difficulties using a smartphone or tablet. https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
For Current COVID-19 Information
With the increased attention toward the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), It is important for our ZPS community to have access to accurate and timely information about this health pandemic.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services website is a useful tool for understanding the virus. The site provides details specific to the State of Michigan, how the virus is spread, who is at risk, and how to protect yourself from the virus. Additionally, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has developed a Frequently Asked Questions document and has other timely information available online.
Zeeland Public Schools will continue to monitor COVID-19 and will work under the guidance of The Michigan Department of Health and in conjunction with area schools to ensure the safety of everyone in our school community and beyond.