Zeeland Public Schools, with family and community, prepares students for a lifetime of learning.
ZPS Employs nearly 850 staff. Of these, 380 are educators, counselors, and professional special education support staff. The remainder include administration and support staff critical to the day-to-day operations of our district.
- Fall 2017 student enrollment K-12: 6095
- Fall 2017 student enrollment at ZEHS: 933
- Fall 2017 student enrollment at ZWHS: 1069
- The ZPS District is 94 square miles, encompassing the city of Zeeland, a portion of the city of Holland and eight townships within Ottawa and Allegan Counties.
- The district includes two high schools, two middle schools and six elementary schools.
- Additionally, the district houses a successful early childhood preschool program, a year-round K-8 multi-aged school, Spanish Immersion, elementary gifted and talented, and alternative high school and an online program.
- ZEHS opened its current facility in 1996, with a design emphasis on the arts and ZWHS opened its current facility in 2002 with a focus on technology. The two campuses sit 800 feet apart.
- Most recent SAT composite scores: ZWHS 1053.7, ZEHS 1052.7
- Most recent ACT composite scores: ZWHS 21, ZEHS 21.2
- 4-year graduation rate: ZWHS>94%, ZEHS>95%
- ZHS drop-out rate is 2.79%
- 85% of ZPS graduates are college bound.
- Twenty-one Advanced Placement courses offered for 2018-19.
- During the academic year, ZHS had a combined total of 981 AP enrollments.
- Courses of study include college preparatory, business, vocational, general education, technical, Spanish Immersion and advanced placement.
- A guaranteed 90 minute literacy block K-5 with differentiated instruction called WIN Time (What I Need) provided for interventions and extensions.
- Implemented Phonics First K-2, an Orion-Gillingham based systematic and explicit phonics program.
- Elementary specials provided in Spanish, music, technology, art, and physical education
- The district promotes a 1:1 technology program utilizing iPads (grades 3-13) and iPad minis (K-2)
- ZPS is a three-time recipient (2012, 2013, and 2015-2017) of the Apple Distinguished Program Award.