ZEHS Annual Report
Read the cover letter as a pdf.
March 26, 2019
Dear Zeeland East Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2017-18 educational progress for the Zeeland East High School. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, accountability, and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Jessica Knoth, principal at ZEHS, for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following site Mi School Data - Parent Dashboard or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
For the 2017-18 school year, schools were identified using new definitions and labels as required in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). A Targeted Support and Improvement (TSI) school is one that has at least one underperforming student subgroup. An Additional Targeted Support (ATS) school is one that has three or more underperforming student subgroups. A Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) school is one whose performance is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state. Some schools are not identified with any of these labels. In these cases, no label is given. Our school was not identified with any of these labels.
State law requires that we also report additional information:
- PROCESS FOR ASSIGNING PUPILS TO THE SCHOOL – The district has two high school and students are assigned by their geographical home location.
- THE STATUS OF THE 3-5 YEAR SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN – Zeeland East High School in conjunction with Zeeland West High School continues to work on our School Improvement Plan focusing on aligning our assessments with the Common Core State Standards, using Inquiry and Project Based Learning and increasing proficiency in reading and writing. We will also begin developing our Multi-Tiered System of Supports of both Academics and Behavior.
- Our Core Curriculum is based on the Common Core State Standards and the Michigan Merit Curriculum. This information may be found at our school office or on the State website. Our educators regularly evaluate and revise our curriculum to ensure that classroom lessons meet the requirements.
- The charts below show data from the last 3 years:
2016 2017 2018
SAT (ELA) 65.9% 72% 73%
SAT (Math) 49.8% 51% 53%
4 Year Graduation Rate 92% 95% 95%
Drop Out Rate 6.1% 5% 5%
- THE NUMBER AND PERCENT OF POST SECONDARY ENROLLMENTS (DUAL ENROLLMENT): 1%
- THE NUMBER OF COLLEGE EQUIVALENT COURSES OFFERED (AP): 17
- THE NUMBER AND PERCENTAGE OF STUDENTS ENROLLED IN COLLEGE EQUIVALENT COURSES (AP): 32%
- THE NUMBER AND PERCENTAGE OF STUDENTS RECEIVING A SCORE LEADING TO COLLEGE CREDIT: 75%
At Zeeland East High School, we are proud of our school and its students. We are also grateful to the parents and the community for their continued support. We believe we achieve our mission statement for our students to reach their highest level of academic achievement as measured by state and national standards, develop learning skills for their future endeavors and be active and positive participants in the school and community. We look forward to continue to make gains in the coming school years.
Jessica Knoth, ZEHS Principal