Teacher/Staff Grant Guidlines
“The purpose of the Zeeland Education Foundation is to support students of Zeeland Public Schools with enhanced academic opportunities.”
Zeeland Education Foundation provides means to enhance the academic excellence of our students. The foundation promotes scholastic achievement by affording extraordinary and innovative learning opportunities.
The Zeeland Education Foundation (ZEF) ONLY accepts proposals from employees of Zeeland Public Schools. Each year the ZEF Board establishes the amount of funding to be distributed. It is the intent of the Teacher/Staff Grant Selection Committee (comprised of ZEF board members and ZPS Administration) and the Board of Directors of ZEF to select applicants in the most equitable manner.
Spring Grant Cycle Important Dates:
Application goes LIVE: January 24th, 2023
Deadline to submit: March 21st, 2023
Recipients announced: May 2nd, 2023
Zeeland Education Foundation Gives Priority to Grants Which:
- help the curriculum by adding resources to go above and beyond the basic items provided by Zeeland Public Schools;
- are not funded by the regular curriculum budget
- represent creative, innovative “cutting edge” efforts that center on student academic achievement;
- are collaborative in nature and connect curriculums;
- pilot new programs that are student focused;
- affect the largest number of students
- align with ZPS student achievement district goals.
- fund between the dollar range of $500 – $3000, historically.
Zeeland Education Foundation Generally Does Not Fund:
- annual fund-raising drives or multi-year request;
- district expenses such as substitute pay and professional development;
- field trips, transportation charges, athletics, non-school sponsored events, or consumables (food, party supplies, paper goods, etc.)
- Zeeland Education Foundation reserves the right to change guidelines as necessary to meet the needs of Zeeland Public Schools and its employees.