Creekside Middle School Annual Report for 2010-2011
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2010-2011 educational progress for Creekside Middle School. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Greg Eding, Principal for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically HERE or may review a copy from the Creekside main office, 179 W. Roosevelt, n Zeeland.
For 2010-2011, Creekside Middle School made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in English language arts and mathematics. While we are pleased to have reached this important goal, we are continuously working to improve. We appreciate the continued support of parents, staff and our community in this effort.
State law requires that we also report additional information.
- In Zeeland, students are assigned to their school based upon their geographic location. Once students are assigned using this neighborhood concept, schools-of-choice students are placed based upon the number of openings within each building.
- Creekside has three school improvement goals in Reading, Writing, and Problem Solving. Creekside made the choice to focus on its school improvement goal in both reading and writing throughout all curricular areas. Over the last two years, staff have attended several training sessions designed to help teach writing and reading within their particular content area.
- If you would like to review the core curriculum for Zeeland Public Schools, please contact Greg Eding, Principal who can assist you. Curriculum materials are also available online, at both the district central office and in Creekside’s main office for review. You may also contact Administrative Assistant Alice Chidester in the curriculum office.
- In the Fall of 2010, we held parent-student conferences where we had the opportunity to meet with 89% of our parents. Creekside’s parent-conference rate for 2009 was 88%. Conferences are a great time for parents and staff to discuss the progress of the students in school.
- Creekside’s MEAP results in the areas of Math and Reading for the past two years (listed are the percent proficient for each test):
6th Reading 6th Math 7th Reading 7th Math 8th Reading 8th Math
2009 96% 91% 88% 88% 83% 76%
2010 89% 88% 87% 88% 82% 84%
The steady progress and success of Creekside Middle School over the years is the result of hard work by our staff partnering with you, the parents and community, to provide the very best education possible for our students. We thank you for your support and look forward to working together with you in the future as we strive to lead our students to higher and higher levels of achievement.
Greg Eding, Principal