Computer updates 2010
We are preparing for the upcoming bond technology purchases. The first phase, happening during the Summer 2010, is to update our servers to a system that allows for more storage, greater speeds, and compatability with online tools.
- New login screen: The login window will look different. You will use the same username as you have in the past along with the updated password you received during the summer.
- Personalized desktops: Every person who logs into the computer will have their own desktop and settings. This allows for staff to have better security and more flexibility when multiple people use the computers.
- No application window: The window that popped up with links to various programs is gone. You will now find a folder on the desktop and in the start menu that says "ZPS Applications"
- Software updates: All free software has been updated and security patches have been installed.
- New email and calendar: We are using a free service for schools from Google for email, calendar, and more. This service provides better support for mobile devices, increased storage limits, and better collaboration tools.
Starting Fall 2010, a Technology Plan implementation team will be meeting monthly to oversee the implementation of classroom multimedia technologies, teacher technologies, and student technologies.